Friday, March 16, 2012

Photo of the Week - Week 10

I'm running a bit behind in my postings, but wanted to catch up this week with one of my all-time favorite photos.

GRKR KR 3 C

Just before leaving Greece after having lived there for three years, we spent a week at a villa on the island of Kea. I spent three days dealing with packers and boxes while the rest of the family went ahead with my in-laws. Needless to say, when I got there, I was ready to do as little as possible and just enjoy the water, the beach, and the spectacular sunsets in the evening.

For me, this shot captures all of that. The lines made by the tiles draw me to the chair, the sunset, and I can almost feel myself relaxing, remembering what it was like to sit there and watch the sun set across the ocean.

Can I go back yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment