Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Location Shooting

As I've been doing more portraits, I'm finding that I enjoy doing location photography more than studio portraits. This past weekend I got to do some photos at a park near our home.

Some of the things I like about location shooting:
- A more natural feel. A studio is a very unnatural location - people don't go there to relax and hang out. On the other hand, a park is a place where people go to relax, be with friends and family, etc. Just being in an environment like that helps people be more natural.
- Variety. A location like a park gives lots of different possibilities. You've got trees, benches, swings, etc.

- Landscape. I really enjoy landscape photography and being outside helps me combine portraits and landscape.

So, here are some examples from this past shoot:

BERR 12 LOMO

BERR13 LOMO BW

BERR 10 LOMO

BERR 16 LOMO BW

No comments:

Post a Comment