Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why I love my new tripod

I recently got a new tripod and it has been amazing. I decided to upgrade to a Manfrotto tripod and Manfrotto Joystick head.

The tripod itself is heavier than my old one, which makes it much more stable. The joystick head is great - I mount my camera on there, lock it into place, and then, with a squeeze of the grip, can reposition it just about any way I can imagine. And it has a death-grip on my camera, so it's not going to drift downward just after I frame my shot and before I snap the picture.

This is great for taking multiple shots to stitch together into a panorama, like this photo:


The other great feature of the tripod is that you can splay the legs out and get it really close to the ground. That's what helped me get this shot:


If I had known how great this tripod was, I would have gotten it sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment